Tuesday 31 May 2011

Review: Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner

L-R Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo and Botanical Shine Conditioner
£7.65 for 200ml each
I bought these a little while ago when Liz Earle had their haircare offer and I've now emptied both and am onto the third bottle/tube which was the shampoo again. Using both the shampoo and conditioner about twice a week has lasted about 6 weeks, which I think is great for 200ml.

So onto the shampoo first, it contains West African Shea Butter, vitamin E, orange and apple extracts, naturally derived cleansers and no sodium laureth sulphate. I was surprised at how much I liked this shampoo and how clean it made my hair feel considering it doesn't have anything other than natural ingredients. It has a strong smell, presumably of all the ingredients combined which lingers for a few days after washing your hair. A small amount is needed to lather up your hair depending on the length, but a minimal amount lathers really well. In terms of pricing, if I was to buy these seperately I would think twice, but in the haircare offer it was a justifiable purchase. I understand that this a shampoo with natural ingredients so this may allow the price to hike up a little, it is worth it, but I think personally I'm ok using a cheaper brand because I don't wash my hair everyday.

The conditioner is fantastic, it has a very similar smell as the shampoo - if not the same, and detangles the hair as well. I got the one for normal hair because I'm not too sure which type of hair I have, there are 2 other options available, fine or oily hair and dry or damaged hair. This conditioner contains meadowfoam and yangu oils, blue seakale, apple and orange extracts and claims to leave hair glossy and ready to style. My hair was very shiny, soft and fragranced after using both shampoo and conditioner together and easy to work with.

Overall I do think that this haircare pair is great for hair but I'm still a tiny bit cautious of the price, probably because I'm still quite young, my rating is 8/10.

Thank you for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)