Wednesday 18 May 2011

Superdrug's NEW Beauty Card

OK...so this isn't that new anymore but it's only been a week and a bit or 2 weeks since Superdrug's Beauty Card release. Named the Beauty Card, it actually applies to all of your purchases in Superdrug (aside from the few exceptions I believe.)


I threw out my leaflet that came with it so I don't want to provide false information, however here are the few bits I'm sure of.

- You gain 1 point per £1 that is spent
- There are offers around the store giving you more points if you spend a certain amount on a brand/product
- Points can be used partially but only in £1s
- 100 points = £1 worth to spend
- You need to register your card before you can use it

I'm sure a lot of you have already picked this up, what are your thoughts on this?

I think Superdrug are being a little stingy with the points and are in fact trying to entice you to purchase more than you need with the points offers in store. I ended up spending over £6 and buying 2 Barry M nail polishes for £4.99, totalling to 4 nail polishes for £12.97 - 2 of which were crackle but still! All for the 50 extra points I was going to get...

Boots' Advantage Card offers 4 points per £1 spent and plenty of points offers all year round too, Debenhams' Beauty Card offers 3 points per £1 instore and 5 points per £1 online...and they're always providing lots of extra points too!

I do think it's about time Superdrug came out with a loyalty card but I don't think this is the best that they could have done...what do you think?

Thank you for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)