Monday 6 June 2011

Review: 17 Solo Eyeshadow in Statuesque


This is one of 17's gorgeous single eyeshadows in a very pretty pink shade. I've shown various angles in the picture and the swatch is one swipe of the shadow without any primer. (I love the way my skin looks in the picture so wrote all over it...yes I am weird...) These retail at £3.89 each but are usually on offer at 3 for 2. As I'm sure you can tell I love 17, as a brand and all of their products that I have tried to date. I haven't found any problems with anything although I haven't tried everything!

I wore this today, alone without any primer or anything else and it wore really well. Application is easy, no mess, no fallout, no issues there. The colour itself shows up really well on my eyes and goes on smoothly. It lasted without any problems, no creasing or fading for at least 8 hours, after that I got bored and took it off because I wanted to wash my face! I expect it would have stayed on just as well for longer. I've used it before with similar shades from Sleek's Storm Palette and it fairs well with other eyeshadows too, with primer the colour is instantly intensified and brighter so I would recommend using a primer for your eyes before putting on any eyeshadow really. I've noticed that primers work wonders. I have normal eyelids, for reference, so it may crease/fade for those with very oily eyelids.

I think this level of quality for only £3.89 is a bargain, especially with the constant offers on 17, I give this eyeshadow 9/10.

Thank you for reading :)

2 comments:

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)