Thursday 2 June 2011

Review: Pretty Quik Instant Nail Polish Remover


This is an amazing find by me from Boots! I was looking for a quick nail polish remover, because I've really gotten into doing my nails every few days and it just seems a hassle everytime and I wanted something to speed up the process. This one isn't suitable for artificial nails though, there is one available for artificial nails in white packaging, but I thought I'd get this one because I didn't need the extra safety of that remover.

This was quite cheap, I think £2.38 maybe? All you do is stick each digit into the tiny space inbetween the sponge and move your finger about and when you take your nail out it's clean of all nail polish! Close to magic I tell you! I was so impressed because the polish from the sides of the nail comes off really well too and it's such a quick process.

The main issue I have with this is that it really dries the nail out and after about 7-8 uses the colour from the various nail polishes clouds the sponge and it doesn't rub on the nail as well so it takes longer for the polish to come off. So it's a great polish remover but it does have its drawbacks when it's been used a few times.
As I was so impressed with this I'm going to give it a 7/10. Thank you for reading :)

Edit 09/06/2011: It has a lot of negatives that I didn't realise before, it leaves desiccated nails and cuticles, doesn't last very long and makes nails feel horrible. This has only lasted a couple of weeks and the sponge is a fail at the minute, worth the £2.38? Nope. New rating of 4/10, very practical yes, but not great. Would be better to buy full bottle of nail polish remover and cotton pads!

5 comments:

  1. I used to have a product like this when I was younger and I really liked it! If it's 100% acetone it can be really drying! I've been using Zoya Remove + lately and my nails and cuticles are thanking me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if it's 100% but it is very drying! That can be another item on the shopping list! *Scribbles down Zoya Remove+*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this a few years ago and I really liked it. It is so easy to use and takes the nail varnish off easily and quickly. I am following your blog as I really enjoy reading it. Hope you follow too. Here is my blog if you want to check it out.
    http://velvetpassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of these kind of products but I love nail polsh remover wipes - they're especially great for holidays/weekends away and are pretty cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lucy! I really like the nail polish remover wipes but find they can be really messy so it's handy to have wipes or running water around! I did add the edit in later on, this wasn't very great! Thank you for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)