Thursday 7 July 2011

Review: Sleek Makeup Mediterranean Collection - Monte Carlo Pout Polish


Here is my first review of 6 items in Sleek Makeup's Summer Collections. I want to ensure I review each item thoroughly and individually so that there is a decent amount of information for you to decide if you want the product or not! Read my post on the Mediterranean Collection here.


This is the Pout Polish from the Limited Edition Mediterranean Collection released 8th June 2011, costing £4.29 from Superdrug, or on Sleek's website. It is a bright pink tinted lip conditioner named Monte Carlo, in keeping with the Mediterranean theme. I really like the packaging, it's very sleek and compact, allowing for the tinted lip conditioner to travel with you or remain in your draws at home without causing a fuss or taking up to much space.

The product itself is amazing, it smells lovely (vanilla scented), and applies like a dream. This is the first pout polish from Sleek I have ever tried and I love it. It leaves a subtle pink colour on the lips without looking too eye-catching, and moisturises the lips very well - you won't need lip balm. I don't ever use my fingers to apply lip products from the pot unless I'm going for a specific look, so I use Mac's 318 Retractable Lip Brush. Only a small amount is needed and the option of layering the conditioner on is also available should you choose to do so. I'm also impressed with the fact that Sleek have made the effort to put SPF15 into the pout polish, I'm crazy about sun protection thanks to Renée Rouleau!



In terms of value there is 10g/0.34oz of product for £4.29, very reasonable in my opinion for a product that I hope will last me for a very long time. It's very versatile, perfect for summer as it's a light product with a hint of colour, so not too heavy on the eyes or the lips! I would wear this as a lip balm all year round too. Recyclable packaging is another pro as are the moisturising ingredients, such as shea butter, almond oil, avocado oil and wheat germ oil.

Overall, I am impressed with this pout polish, I find it to be a very useful staple in my ever-growing makeup collection and I enjoy using it. I give it a 9/10!

Thank you for reading! :)

Have you tried this yet? What do you think? Will you be buying?

2 comments:

  1. I love this stuff! It's been in my purse since you sent it and I looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)