Sunday 7 August 2011

Review: Wet'n'Wild Eyeshadow Trio - 381B Sweet As Candy

My amazing friend Paige sent me a lot of beauty products at the beginning of the year (and during!) but the Wet'n'Wild trios were in the winter package. They are available at drugstores in the US/Canada? and retail at $2.99. I will be reviewing them all individually in the near future.


This is the eyeshadow trio in Sweet As Candy (381B), containing 3 quite neutral everyday, wearable shades. The trio is again split into different shades for the eyelid, crease and browbone, which are suitably stamped onto the shadows. All shades can be used individually to create different looks and combined with other eyeshadows for even more looks!


- The Browbone shade is a creamy white frost/shimmer.
- The Crease shade is a neutral brown shimmer.
- The Eyelid shade is a baby pink shimmer.

They are highly pigmented shades but not as highly as Silent Treatment (335). They are very pretty colours and easy to work with and apply onto the lid, using these eyeshadow colours as suggested gives a very pretty look which I think would suit all skin tones. I felt like I needed to pack on the colour a lot more but I think that's probably because my eyelids are a little darker than my face.

Swatches without primer
They wear well alone and with primer, I would definitely use an eyelid primer with this trio though to help the colours look more true on your eyes. The packaging is the same plastic flip-up combination and works perfectly. They also include 2 applicators, a sponge applicator and a small brush which I don't find to be very useful at all. This trio works well for an everyday look but I wouldn't say is an essential.

Product: 7/10
Pigmentation: 7/10
Texture/Formula: 8/10
Wear: 8/10
Packaging: 4/5
Application: 4/5
Repurchase: No

Overall: 7.6/10

This new rating system is to provide a quick snapshot of my experiences with the product. The product itself, the level of pigmentation in comparison to how pigmented it should be, the texture and/or formula of the product. Wear is a rating of how long and well the item stays on, packaging and application are also reviewed. The repurchase line is whether I would repurchase the item again or not. Overall shows the average scoring of the product out of 10.

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I wish we had them over here! The colour range looks amazing. Shame I don't need any more eye shadows :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been seeing such good reviews about the new wet n wild shadows, this looks soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amy I wish we did too! Ha I don't need any more either! xx

    @Sidrah it is! They're really good! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)