Sunday 4 September 2011

Challenge: No Nail Polish

The state of my nails is horrible, they are stained, much weaker than they used to be and now peeling as well. I put this down to the obsession I have with constantly changing my nail colour and using so many different products on my nails. So I have come to the decision not to wear any nail polish for the next few months to allow them to grow out, stop being yucky and orange-yellow and hopefully it'll improve their condition too. The only things I'll be using is either cuticle creams or nail and cuticle creams...(same thing really hmm...)

I'm not sure how long I'll last because I always feel less confident without my nails painted but I think it's best for my nails to leave them alone and to "let them breathe" for a bit!

What do you think? Would you be able to stay away from nail polish?

7 comments:

  1. i could never do it lol! hopefully you manage to get your nails to how you want them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. for a few months? wow, you're braver than me! I did a short pause - a few weeks - last month, and at some point I was really missing my polish - not much having it on my finger, more the whole process of sitting down, painting, creating a design, etc. Anyway, even if the pause was short, I think it did good to my moor little nails, as the seriously damaged part has grown away (of course splitting and breaking in the process), and the "new" nail looks much much better! It might be hard at the beginning, when you'll really miss the painting... but I can say that I got used to my bare nails quite quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Irishenchantment haha I can see it's going to be tough but thank you!

    @Alhrayth I say a few months because I want the rubbish nails to grow out, then the better nails, and then after they grow it I'd like to paint them! Probably won't happen though! I'm glad to hear you got used to bare nails quickly, I hope I don't miss the nail polish too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only paint my nails once a month or every two months. I'm not a big fan as I have no patience to paint them, wait for them to dry, ect.

    Almond Oil really helps weak nails so maybe give that a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I did expect every beauty blogger to love nail polish but that's obviously a stereotype *slaps wrist* I agree about the waiting for them to dry, I bought Seche Vite Top Coat but haven't had the chance to use it yet, maybe something like that may help? Thank you! I'll get myself some almond oil :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it! I haven't painted my nails in over a month but it's because I'm lazy and the smell of nail polish makes me sick! lol. I think it's good to give your nails a break every once in a while though! Do you use a base coat? That should help with the yellowing when you do wear nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Paige Thank you! Aww! I'm not loving the smell of nail polish either lately, or that might just be because I find I used to paint them straight after dinner...lol. I think the base coat works for a certain number of polish changes then the nail yellows anyway, but I was painting them a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on your opinions about this post, I will get back to you as soon as possible :)